How to Remove Permanent Marker from your Carpet

On Spring Break this year we stayed a few nights at my mom's house and we were having a really good time. Then one of my daughters come running in asking for carpet cleaners (eek). So we look in the kids room to discover permanent marker on the carpet (new carpet at that). My mom tried some kind of cleaner and it did not do a thing. So I went online and found that someone had used rubbing alcohol (the kind you put on scrapes). So I decided to try it and it worked!! Now when I say that my child got permanent marker on the floor, it was about a foot long and 1/2 and inch wide. Do not ask how this was achieved because I am still trying to figure it out myself.



Here's how to use alcohol to remove permanent marker from your carpet
1. Pour the alcohol on the stain
2. Use a towel that you don't mind getting ruined and dab at the stain. (you will notice that the stain comes off the carpet and on to your towel)
3. After getting the stain out spray water on the stained area and dab it up with a clean towel.

Labels: ,