Saving on Chicken

    I have found a way for my large family to eat off one large package of chicken for a couple days!! I am excited to share this tip. Meat can be so expensive and I have to be honest I live in the middle of no where and usually have to buy mine from Walmart. Not many options here. Anyways, I found that it is cheaper to buy a large packet of chicken breast that has about 6 to 7 breasts in it then just the small package with 3 breasts in it. I usually have to come home and divide it because even though I have a large family they do not eat a lot of meat at one meal. But instead of dividing the chicken this time I put it all in the crockpot and set it on high for 4 hours till it was cooked through. I only added water to it. When it was done cooking it was so soft and moist it just shredded.
     We were able to use it for chicken wraps that night and then I made chicken salad for sandwiches for three days worth of lunches and then I still had some left over. I will definitely do this again. I am thinking chicken tacos, enchiladas, wraps, salads, and more. And all I have to do is put chicken in the crockpot at the beginning of the week and I have chicken all week!

Labels: