Win or Lose I Love You! by Lysa Terkeurst, illustrated by Jana Christy


     I chose to review the book Win or Lose I Love You! by Lysa Terkeurst because I wanted a book for my children to help teach them to play fair. I have had problems in the past with my children wanting to cheat at games just to win. They are very competitive and none of them want to lose. This book certainly demonstrated how to behave whether you win or lose. 

I love the theme for the book "You may not win, but you must try. Sometimes you'll lose, but there's no need to cry. Win or lose, one thing that's true... No matter what, I love you!

Lulu and Max are the main characters and they go into the forest to have a field day with the animals. When the animals compete there is trouble with winning and losing. But everything works out great in the end. Bear-Bear is the character that exhibits the best behavior and is made the leader of the forest. Coyote learns a lesson on how he needs to act when he loses and when he wins. 

Included at the end of the book is 10 Biblical Words of Wisdom Whether You Win or Lose. The only thing I did not like was that the many different versions of the Bible was used in the Words of Wisdom. However if you are a fan of KJV only which I am, then you can just remove this last page. 

The illustrations by Jana Christy were very cute and whimsical. Overall this book was very cute and I hope that my children can better understand what it is like to win and lose with grace the next time they play a game together. 

I am provided with a free copy of this book from the publisher through the booklook bloggers book review program. I was not required to write a positive review but to express my own opinion on this book. 


Click the below link to find this book on Christianbook.com

9104007: Win or Lose, I Love You! Win or Lose, I Love You!
By Lysa TerKeurst / Thomas Nelson

Competition can bring out the worst in us, but it can also be an opportunity to learn impactful life lessons. That's why it's so important for kids to understand how to handle winning and losing. Join Lulu and Max as they help Bear-Bear, Goosey, Coyote and the rest of their animal friends in the Field Day contests determine who will be the leader of Lulu's forest. But as the animals soon find out, not everyone can win. Sore losers, unkind winners, flaring tempers, and a few tears are taking the fun straight out of Field Day. Recommended for ages 4 to 8 years.

Labels: